[vc_row][vc_column][vc_text_separator title=”Mision” title_align=”separator_align_left”][vc_column_text]The Laparoscopy European School has as principal misión:
- Promote excelence in the urological health care covering high-level training activities to encourage the safe incorporation of new techniques minimally invasive in the clinical practice.
- Promote excelence in the training in urological laparoscopy developing different teaching tolos, on-site and on line, to build a complete education supply, tailored to the profesionals needs and certified ( Continued Medical Formation), making it accesible to each and every urologist.
- Get the best educational deal through collaborations and tradings, involving high level national and international laparoscopical surgeons .
- Developing a system that allows to carry an excellent training for the urologists who have more difficulties to access this and promote a scolarship scheme to achieve the objective.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_text_separator title=”Vision” title_align=”separator_align_left”][vc_column_text]The fast evolving technological advances for the diagnosis and treatment of urologic diseases makes it indispensable for profesionals to have an ongoing training.
Technological cycles are so fast that, when a new technology appears, there is barely time to complete the training cycle before the next one appears.
In addition, scientific societies focus of interest migrates with this evolution increasing the obstructed access routes to education to the majority.
In the área of urological CMI the laparoscopy, the robotic surgery, the only port (LESS), the natural orífices surgery (NOTES), the mini-lap and the MAGs have emerged during the past 20 years.
Currently the focus of interest is on Da Vinci Robotic-assisted laparoscopy, although the access to these devices is very limited, and the highest training needs are on the standard advanced laparoscopy.
Laparoscopic/robotic urological surgery has a recognized learning curve, and the learning curve has a direct relation with patient safety. Therefore training and learning have a key role, because safety is the first step to success.
Laparoscopy training forces to make a range of sequential training and coaching activities , up to get the abilities and level necessary to make he operations in accordance with the standards of quality and safety.
But access to learning is not easy due to the educational offer evolution and the high cost , these activities include: induction courses, advanced courses, practice in simulators, live viewing surgeries or on video in courses and congresses, visits to reference centres, and initiation supervised by experts.
Developments in information and communication technology at this time bring us face to face with new challenges and opportunities. The challenge is not so much in new technologies as in the way people are using technology to communicate and learn, and in the social effect that its use has. The educational world , at all its levels, has recognized the extraordinary opportunities that are available and a paradigm shift is taking place.
New innovative concepts as “personal learning environments”, crowdfunding or connective knowledge have been incorporated and have a future in the surgical training world.
The schooloflaparoscopy.org project aims to develop training activities on laparoscopy with high educational value mixing traditional and modern learning elements, and the new network communication methods to answer to the urologic community laparoscopy training needs.
The escueladelaparoscopia.org ´s working instruments are:
- Online training modules on the different surgical techniques which combine tutorials, video-tutorials and surgery films performed by experts.
- Surgical modules in simulattors, that enable you to train specific abilities, as the laparoscopic suturing technique.
- The Experimental Operating Room, where the learner can perform complete surgeries or train specific situations supervised by expert laparoscopic surgeons.
- On line communication tools that allow permanent networking of teachers and learners.
In all its activities the escueladelaparoscopia.org enhance knowledge-sharing and collaboration between experts as a way to provide additional enrichment. In addition, the schooloflaparoscopy.org app has a permanent surgical video library available to the students.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_text_separator title=”Valores” title_align=”separator_align_left”][dt_vc_list]
- Excellence in surgical practice
- Quality training
- Network training
- Collaborative training
- Connective Knowledge